forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject logger bot for ForrestFriday (Was: for-n stats)
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 23:43:50 GMT
Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> Just for kicks:
> http://people.apache.org/~diwaker/for-n.html
>
> I think I'll be much smoother in managing my bot and gathering log/stats next
> time :) (Tim and David should know what I'm talking about!)

Thanks for doing this. The statistics don't seem to
mean much, probably because it is a small sample.

The log file is important. That needs to be a live
log file available on a webserver and using UTC time.

I reckon that you should change the name of the bot.
Using the name "forrestbot" is not good. There was one
occasion where i needed to refer to the actual forresbot.
Your bot started talking to me. Hilariously funny,
but not good.

Perhaps take over the excellent name that Cheche
had chosen: "JennyCurran".

-David