forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: deployed plugins with wrong version number
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2005 06:53:48 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> > Ross, i needed to go back to 2 months ago. The projectInfo
> > plugin started to use the locationmap at r278579
> > and we must have accidently deployed it as version 0.7
> > rather than as 0.8-dev
> >
> > Anyway, i redeployed that old input.projectInfo and
> > redeployed the output.POD and output.Text plugins from
> > yesterday.
> >
> > Then the site-author build worked fine using forrest-0.7
> >
> > Then re-deploying the version 0.8 of the projectInfo
> > plugins caused the error again.
>
> The "fetch-versioned-plugin" ant target doesn't do anything
> so it gets the unversioned 0.8 version and so fails.

Oh, i was expecting it to magically figure out which
version of the plugin it needed. Not so.

We need to explicitly tell it in forrest.properties
to use org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo-0.1

Does this mean that every 0.7 user of the projectInfo
plugin will need to upgrade their forrest.properties ?

-David