forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrestbar = cool tool
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 00:38:29 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> Why not put a version in the 0.7 branch which only has 0.7 features then
> keep a version in trunk which is for the trunk version?
>
> It's not a huge issue, just a convenience.

The issue is *only* that the website documentation
and this tool forrestbar.xpi is produced from the trunk
and not from the forrest_07_branch.

We can do what Ross suggests. However when people
generate the website, we would need to remember
to get those particular bits from the branch instead.
I don't think that the extra work is warranted.

As i said earlier the "tools" are the only thing that
we have not "versioned" for the website. Docs and Plugins
we have done. There are more important things to attend
to at this stage.

Here is a partial solution. Just make it more obvious that
the "Dev" items are related to trunk, and explain it in
the docs.

Alternatively just don't update this on the website
until the 0.8 release. If devs want to use it, then
they must get it from trunk. Its easy.

-David