forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: playing with v2
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 09:11:11 GMT
On Tuesday 01 November 2005 6:04 am, Ross Gardler wrote:
> > I started playing around with v2 today. After a little tweaking, I had my
> > own skin working in v2. There will be a live deployment on my home page
> > (floatingsun.net) sometime today or tomorrow :-)
>
> I look forward to that :-))

Just FYI: its online now on my homepage. The design remains the same, of
course. A few things:

o My main CSS stylesheet does an @import on another CSS stylesheet, that
rightfully lives under themes/themename/css/ -- however, on a build, Forrest
does not copy this CSS file. It only copies the files that are explicitly
references in *.fv (atleast this is the behavior I'm seeing). IMHO the
default behavior is the Forrest copies over everything under the css/
directory of the user.

o Is there a reason why the PDF/XML links are provided via
"cocoon://prepare.tiles.export-link" instead of the regular
content-xml-link/content-pdf-link contracts in samples/index.fv under
seed-v2? I think it makes the example slighly confusing.

More later, v2 looks good
Diwaker
--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net