forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SmartSlides Input PlugIn (aka SlidyPlugin)
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 21:37:55 GMT

Ross Gardler wrote:

> site: I don't see this as the case, your input plugin takes your new
> schema and creates our internal format, so only documents the new
> schema, there is no need to document what it is converted into internally.

No, but I'd basically have two sites with the same examples and docs.

> grammar: why is this needed on the output side? The output plugin should
> only work with our internal format.

Well no. My last conclusion of our discussion was that the output
plugin will transform my new schema to the final slidy output.
Main reason for this being that I saw no way of transporting
all the data from my grammar through the limitations of docVxx.

Later on there will be two transformations in the output plugin

smartslides --> slidy
xhtml       --> slidy

> documentation: isn't this the same as site?

hmmm, yes. Not sure why I mentioned it twice.
--
Ferdinand Soethe