forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin <forr...@kegcl.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: do not switch themes via browser (Was: svn commit: r345206)
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:00:59 GMT
On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 12:31 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El vie, 18-11-2005 a las 12:56 +1100, David Crossley escribió:
> > David Crossley wrote:

> > > Want the developers to know immediately that themes can be applied.
> > > The default "pelt" theme looks ghastly at the moment on Mac/Firefox
> > > using unreadable fonts. Anyway, will follow your advice below.
> >
> > Oh, and the other reason was stupidity. :-)
> > I completely forgot to look at the Samples
> > to see the theme switching in action.
> >

> jeje ;-)
>
> Yeah it is in the samples, gush, sorry I should have told you in the
> first place. To point to this sample contract would be the way I guess.
> I would not mention the browser for now.
>
> Kevin came up with a way how to have both theme switching with script
> and browser. Kevin do you have a patch for it?

No progress sorry, been away a while.

My previous observations about v2 theme switching:
1) Moz switching with cssStyleSwitcher.js - OK
2) Moz switching with View->PageStyle menu - No
3) IE6 switching with cssStyleSwitcher.js - No

No, means the page loses it's css. Like doing a Moz menu View->PageStyle
= "No Style". The same happens for me in IE6.

IMO if the cssStyleSwitcher.js can emulate Moz View->PageStyle menu
then IE would work in the same way. If I have some time I'll look at
this again.

ATM my example does not use inline css (branding-theme-switcher.ft)
and the simpler leather css (no corner images). Just trying to simplify
things in my mind and use <forrest:css ... for alternate css color
themes.

Kevin