forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Menu Overhead Problem (and an offer to fix it)
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:45:08 GMT
El lun, 21-11-2005 a las 10:50 +0000, Ross Gardler escribió:
> Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> > David Crossley wrote:
> >

> >>Whatever happens Ferdinand, please make those changes
> >>in 0.8-dev first. When we are happy with it there then
> >>we can decide whether to add it to 0.7 branch. The latter
> >>should not be seen as a "development" area.
> >

> > Fine by my. Though perhaps it would make sense to do a 0.75 release
> > rather than waiting for 0.8 to happen any time soon.
>
> What happened to everything between 0.7 and 0.75? The next release
> number should be be 0.7.1 or 0.8.
>
> 0.7.1 would usually be a bug fix (i.e. no new features), hence the extra
> digit).
>
> 0.8 would be a new release with new features.
>
> I'm not sure we have anything in the 0.7 branch that warrants a bug fix
> release (remember a release is allot of effort). And 0.8 is nearly ready
> with respect to  functionality (locationmap) we just need to finish and
> polish.
>
> We all need to pull in the same direction.

Actually I am really concerned that we keep on going to add new features
to "old fashion" skins instead of trying to solve such problems with
existing solutions. We agreed that skins are deprecated (better become
pretty soon).

> > Anyhow, I'll put them into 0.8 sometime later this week.
>
> You will check there are no clashes with @type attribute in book.xml and
> evaluate whether the book.xml functionality does do what you need won't you?

Besides this, v2 can solve this use case as well without *touching* the
site.xml.

salu2
--
thorsten