forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject [ANN] v2 testing released (was Re: Roadmap for v2)
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:00:19 GMT
Please use v2 instead of v1 from now on. You will need to read the new
dispatcher HowTos to know how to update. Basically we changed the way we
include nuggets. e.g.
-        <url>/feeds/somefeed.xml</url>
+        <jx:import uri="/feeds/somefeed.xml"/>

v1 will be removed very soon.

El jue, 27-10-2005 a las 12:10 +0200, Thorsten Scherler escribió:
> El jue, 27-10-2005 a las 12:22 +1000, David Crossley escribió:
> > I finally managed a workaround for issue FOR-675.
> > The JXPath has been upgraded and tested with both the
> > current "skins" and the new structurer (views v2) plugins.
> >
> > Thorsten, does this mean that we can finally encourage devs
> > to use the new whiteboard plugins, or is there another holdup?
>
> Some major things have to be changed before we can officially recommend
> v2:
> - move images from resources/skin to the themes/

This issue is not yet 100% resolved but we will be able to solve this
issue with standalone contracts.

> - rename default to common

done

> - update the howtos

> Other open points for v2:
> - remove themer plugin and add the themes to the structurer

P3

> - change @head/@body to a structure that can be matched with xpath.

P2

> - change the core alias-xsl part to a transformer/generator (I started
> it on my local version) and change process model that contracts are
> standalone. That means that you can access contracts like:
> a) contract.*.xsl.xml -> gives you the xsl of the contract
> b) contract.*.properties.xml -> gives you the default properties passed
> to the contract
> c) contract.*.xml -> gives you the *processed* (a and b) contract.

P1

Status on that:
I am working on a couple of classes ATM that will allow us to do this. I
have not check anything in yet because it is actually not doing anything
useful yet and personal sandbox.

> This way it will become possible to better use contracts in different
> formats and nearly everywhere in forrest.
>
> After this we finally have the core-plugin dispatcher.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"