forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin <forr...@kegcl.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: docbook documentation splittet in several chunk
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:44:25 GMT
On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 22:08 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Fabian Müller wrote:

> >>Please post the missing files to dev.
> >

> > Thank you for your reply. I attached
> > /usr/share/apps/ksgmltools2/docbook/xsl/html/chunk.xsl and a shortened
> > version of tutorial.xml to this message.
>
> Since this XSL only includes other XSLs it doesn't really help much.

I have used this docbook chunk.xsl before. I don't think forrest could
do what Fabian wants out of the box. The chunk.xsl takes one big
wholedocument.xml and splits it into many sections and an index, eg.
ar01s02.html ar01s03.html ar01s04.html ar01s05.html index.html. These
documents contain their own per page navigation in a header and footer.
This navigation needs to be stripped and content converted to internal
xdoc format.

So in a forrest sitemap there is one wholedocument.xml request
delivering several responses? Then site.xml needs to reference the
generated files. I'm guessing an internal plugin along the lines of
IMSManifest is needed.

This my asumption of the requirement and a big hunch for the solution.

Kevin.