forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin <forr...@kegcl.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: dynamic theme switcher (was: svn commit: r329808)
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2005 14:43:06 GMT
Sorry Thorsten I got side tracked by prototype.js :)

I'm looking at using branding-theme-switcher.ft to switch <link> css
only. A corner image solution until corner image in <style> css are
crawled.

On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 01:45 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El mar, 01-11-2005 a las 18:32 +0000, Kevin escribió:
> > If two style sheets are needed to define the complete layout I
> > think they both need to be rel="alternate stylesheet" and have the
> > same title. If the idea is to have a common css "pelt.basic.css".
> > This is made persistant with rel="stylesheet" and no title
>
> How would the switch to the default.css (future common.css) work?

My thoughts are:

branding-theme-switcher-profiler="false" needed a patch attached

If branding-theme-switcher-defaultTheme="Pelt"
In view file have (<forrest:css ...) entries like below:

url="pelt.basic.css"
  rel="stylesheet"
(persistent | common - Is disabled=true allowed here?)

url="pelt.screen.css"
  rel="stylesheet" theme="Pelt"
(preferred | default - Is disabled=true allowed here?)

url="pelt.screen.css"
  rel="alternate stylesheet" theme="Pelt-Default"
(switchable back to default)

url="pelt.forrest.css"
  rel="alternate stylesheet" theme="Pelt-Forrest"
(switchable)

url="pelt.collabnet.css"
  rel="alternate stylesheet" theme="Pelt-Collabnet"
(switchable)

url="default.css"
  rel="alternate stylesheet" theme="default"
url="leather-dev.css"
  rel="alternate stylesheet" theme="default"
(one switchable as both have same title)

IMO default.css and leather-dev.css could be combined together as
leather.screen.css (leather-dev.css turns off - "display: none;"
Pelt specific layout/structure). Is it default.css or common.css or
just another switchable?

url="leather.screen.css"
  rel="alternate stylesheet" theme="Leather-Default"
(switchable)

url="leather.hot.css"
  rel="alternate stylesheet" theme="Leather-Hot"
(switchable)

etc.

If branding-theme-switcher-defaultTheme="default"?
Hmmm I'll look closer at the script to understand this if
idea above is correct.

I understand if branding-theme-switcher-profiler="true"
disabled set false IMO only when rel="alternate stylesheet"
and disabled set true for other rel="alternate stylesheet".

Is disabled=true allowed here? Was a comment next to
persistent and preferred css above. Would all browsers
allow it? The script works great just trying to understand.

Kevin