forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: machine spec for forrest run
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:28:42 GMT
El jue, 03-11-2005 a las 09:59 +0000, Ross Gardler escribiĆ³:
> Kevin wrote:
> > Does anyone have a performance problem using forrest run.
> > My test is on the main index page of seed-v2.
>
> I'm not using views 2, so cannot comment directly. However, it is known
> that there are lots of performance issues with views 2.

Why? If you have said v1 than you get a +1 from me because of the
extensive usage of xinclude which is not cacheable in v1. In v2 I do not
use xinclude at all (beside the default usage from main pipes of forrest
core).

> The tentative
> plan is to move much of the heavy XSL processing into Java components.
> Most of the stuff that is done to bring the contracts together, for
> example, need not be done with processor and memory intensive XSL
> transforms.

Actually I debugged it a bit and what I see is that the locationmap
lookups are taking ages. Since v2 is totally based on the lm that may
have introduced some new performance issues.

Sorry for not being faster in providing a transformer for overcome the
xsl aggregation but I am ATM a wee bit handicapped without an internet
connection and moving all v2 stuff to their final locations.

> In other words, performance has not been addressed yet.

That is not true! Like stated above I ripped out the xinclude stuff that
was pointed out to be the worst part for performance.

> Ross

salu2
--
thorsten