forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon crawler and not directly linked ressources (was Re: playing with v2)
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 11:25:27 GMT
El mié, 02-11-2005 a las 11:15 +0000, Ross Gardler escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

I had my

Forrest

> >>+1, the same is true of script resources in plugins, I guess it will be
> >>true for contracts too, see http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-341
> >>

> > The problem may be solved for jscripts and existing css by modifying the
> > ant target, but it is not for dynamic generated css and jscripts. IMO we
> > need to have a closer look on the cocoon crawler to "teach" him to crawl
> > dynamic included resources as well. See the round-corner thread where
> > the problem cannot be solved by "just" copying stuff.
>
> The Jscripts issue does not occur in a dynamic environment as Cocoon
> knows how to find the scripts and serves them when requested.

That is what I said in the other thread.

> It is
> suffficient just to use an Ant copy for those as we currently do for
> static resources. I suspect that is the case for CSS as well.

No, look at the round-corner issue. With multiple color profiles which
are generated dynamically (determined by the *.fv) it is not that simple
as copying the css because there is no static css. In forrest run that
is no problem because it got resolved on demand but in static that is a
different story.

salu2
--
thorsten