forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Cocoon crawler and not directly linked ressources (was Re: playing with v2)
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 10:43:53 GMT
El mié, 02-11-2005 a las 10:20 +0000, Ross Gardler escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> >>Just FYI: its online now on my homepage. The design remains the same, of
> >>course. A few things:
> >>
> >>o My main CSS stylesheet does an @import on another CSS stylesheet, that
> >>rightfully lives under themes/themename/css/ -- however, on a build, Forrest

> >>does not copy this CSS file. It only copies the files that are explicitly
> >>references in *.fv (atleast this is the behavior I'm seeing). IMHO the
> >>default behavior is the Forrest copies over everything under the css/
> >>directory of the user.
> >

> > That was an ant target that needs tweaking for the new themes.
> > Everything referenced directly will be crawled that is why it got
> > created.
>
> +1, the same is true of script resources in plugins, I guess it will be
> true for contracts too, see http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-341

The problem may be solved for jscripts and existing css by modifying the
ant target, but it is not for dynamic generated css and jscripts. IMO we
need to have a closer look on the cocoon crawler to "teach" him to crawl
dynamic included resources as well. See the round-corner thread where
the problem cannot be solved by "just" copying stuff.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"