forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: dynamic theme switcher (was: svn commit: r329808)
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 09:34:52 GMT
El mar, 01-11-2005 a las 18:32 +0000, Kevin escribió:
> On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 15:22 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:

by Kevin. Thanks a lot Kevin for your contribution that helped a lot. I enhanced the code
by adding an example of a dynamic select box which contains all themes that one can select.

> > > Great work Thorsten the branding-theme-switcher.ft and js updates look
> > > good.
> > >
> > > Kevin
> >
> > Thanks very much, Kevin. :) You have been a big help on this, again. ;-)
> >
> > ...but I just updated the contract and v2 to show off what I really
> > meant and understood you wanted to do.
>
> Yes this looks good. The cssStyleSwitcher using <link> and <style>
> tags. It may be confusing defining Pelt to be default and having
> default as an alternate.

default will become "common".

> I will need some time to understand the javascript. The old version
> was a simple switch of "alternate stylesheet" so IE users could
> emulate the menu "View->Style" of Moz browsers. This script is
> excelent though I've only looked on Moz Firefox and if you try
> "View->Style" on any of the profiled <style> alternates the page
> structure is lost (Pelt and default are as before).

Yes, because the script is aware of color derivatives that are based on
another theme.

> If two style sheets are needed to define the complete layout I
> think they both need to be rel="alternate stylesheet" and have the
> same title.

Hmm, the way it is implemented not. You define a main theme that will be
included if you select a color scheme.

> If the idea is to have a common css "pelt.basic.css".
> This is made persistant with rel="stylesheet" and no title and then
> a <style rel="alternate stylesheet" title="Pelt-Collabnet" ...>
> choice would be aggregated.

Actually no because we deactivate all stylesheets before activating the
current selected. That does not matter if you do not choose a title.

> Hmm I didn't get this right last time so I may be talking rubbish
> and the browser is not to spec.

Sure it would be nice if the browser build in feature could be used, but
the script does what we need (better what I understood). ;-)

> Thanks again Thorsten for this work.

Thanks for the feedback.
:)

salu2