forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin <forr...@kegcl.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: dynamic theme switcher (was: svn commit: r329808)
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 18:32:32 GMT
On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 15:22 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El lun, 31-10-2005 a las 21:26 +0000, Kevin escribió:

by Kevin. Thanks a lot Kevin for your contribution that helped a lot. I enhanced the code
by adding an example of a dynamic select box which contains all themes that one can select.

> > > Have fun with it. ;-)
> > >
> > > salu2
> >
> > Great work Thorsten the branding-theme-switcher.ft and js updates look
> > good.
> >
> > Kevin
>
> Thanks very much, Kevin. :) You have been a big help on this, again. ;-)
>
> ...but I just updated the contract and v2 to show off what I really
> meant and understood you wanted to do.

Yes this looks good. The cssStyleSwitcher using <link> and <style>
tags. It may be confusing defining Pelt to be default and having
default as an alternate.

I will need some time to understand the javascript. The old version
was a simple switch of "alternate stylesheet" so IE users could
emulate the menu "View->Style" of Moz browsers. This script is
excelent though I've only looked on Moz Firefox and if you try
"View->Style" on any of the profiled <style> alternates the page
structure is lost (Pelt and default are as before).

If two style sheets are needed to define the complete layout I
think they both need to be rel="alternate stylesheet" and have the
same title. If the idea is to have a common css "pelt.basic.css".
This is made persistant with rel="stylesheet" and no title and then
a <style rel="alternate stylesheet" title="Pelt-Collabnet" ...>
choice would be aggregated.

Hmm I didn't get this right last time so I may be talking rubbish
and the browser is not to spec.

Thanks again Thorsten for this work.

Kevin