forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Scales Skin added to head
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2005 06:39:02 GMT
It's done. After a little hickup with subclipse (never copy
directories in eclipse), I've just added the new 'scales'-skin.

For the moment it just offers the showWhenSelected feature for large
sites (see discussion in thread "Menu Overhead Problem (and
an offer to fix it)").

In a second commit I have added a demo of this feature in the samples
section of fresh site to show that

a) the type-attribute in site.xml-elements doesn't interfere with a
   normal skins like pelt.
b) adds the desired effect when you switch freshsite to scales.

Not sure what else is needed to publish the skin. Following the
instructions for publishing a new skin, I get an error because the
script is looking for a versioned skin dir name ('scales-0.8-dev.zip').

But since all the other skin dir names are still unchanged, I'm not
sure what to do. In my tests, scales works as it is.

--
Ferdinand Soethe