forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject V2 observations
Date Sun, 27 Nov 2005 22:52:35 GMT
Hi All,

A couple of observations, these may be bugs or may be me so I'll check here
first.

1. When I did a seed-v2 and then forrest run , creating an index.fv and then
altering it made
no difference after refreshing the browser. When creating a forrrest site,
this did make
a difference.

2. After removing index.fv from xdocs directory, rebuilding and reuploading,
index.html
still shows as though index.fv were still there (
http://apache.minitutorials.com/ ) , no menus
etc...

3. index.fv provided with /samples/ has this for the footer feedback
contract :-

<forrest:contract name="siteinfo-feedback">
          <forrest:properties contract="siteinfo-feedback">
            <forrest:property name="siteinfo-feedback">
              <feedback to="webmaster@foo.com"
                href="mailto:webmaster@foo.com?subject=Feedback&#160;" >
                Send feedback about the website to:
              </feedback>
            </forrest:property>
          </forrest:properties>
        </forrest:contract>

The code this produces is :-

                Send feedback about the website to:
              <a id="feedbackto"
href="mailto:webmaster@foo.com?subject=Feedback samples/index.html"><a
href="mailto:webmaster@foo.com">webmaster at

which is incorrect nesting of the <a> element and also multiple declarations
of the href and mailto when there is no need. Should this not read

                Send feedback about the website to:
              <a id="feedbackto"
href="mailto:webmaster@foo.com?subject=Feedback
samples/index.html"></a></div>

Where is the extra.. <a href="mailto:webmaster@foo.com">webmaster at
foo.com</a> ..coming from ??

4. Default sizing seems to be 10px which looks rather small , menu items and
'search the site with google' etc are at either 80, 85, or 90 percent of
that and so are unreadable. This is of course a minor issue in the grand
scheme of getting v2 working but one would of thought the site produced
should look similar to the forrest.apache.org live site.

5. In the inline CSS of the /samples/index.html page there is produced a
wierd and non-compliant use of code when ever the  background-image url is
used.
For instance multiple times there are instances of :-

#header .round-top-left-small {
    background-image:
url(../themes/images/roundcorner-t-l-5-bgFFFFFF-stroke000000-fg000000.png);<a
href="../themes/images/roundcorner-t-l-5-bgFFFFFF-stroke000000-fg000000.png">
</a>;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: top left;
}

This occurs on every instance of when an image is referenced using the
background-image: url .
The extra :-

<a
href="../themes/images/roundcorner-t-l-5-bgFFFFFF-stroke000000-fg000000.png">
</a>;

is neither required nor compliant.

Thats about it for now.

Gav...