forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Fixing a Howto
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2005 09:56:14 GMT
In trying to track down the processing of html-files (to fix the
problems with attributes disappearing and other unwanted ones
reappearing) I have gone through my own documentation

And found that it is broken as soon as we move from sitemap.xmap to
forrest.xmap.

> Open the file 'forrest.xmap' and continue the search for a matching pattern.

Could somebody pls check and correct the following analysis of what currently
happens in forrest.xmap?

1. We go through forrest.xmap looking for a match for **.xml
2. First match is

     <map:match type="wildcard" pattern="**.xml">
       <map:select type="exists">
         <map:when test="{project:temp-dir}/input.xmap">
             <map:mount uri-prefix=""
                        src="{project:temp-dir}/input.xmap"
                        check-reload="yes"
                        pass-through="true"/>
         </map:when>
       </map:select>

   This will load and process input.xmap normally in build\tmp
   and process it if it exists.
   I guess this is to allow the input-plugins to intercept processing
   by defining their own matchers in there?

3. If input.xmap has no matches for us the next match could be

       <map:match type="i18n" pattern="{project:content.xdocs}{1}.*.html">
         <map:generate src="{source}" type="html" />
         <map:transform src="{forrest:stylesheets}/html2document.xsl" />
         <map:transform type="idgen" />
         <map:serialize type="xml-document"/>
       </map:match>

    but I'm not sure how if this is actually executed?

    If so, what does {source} stand for in

    <map:generate src="{source}" type="html" />

    I understand it is a variable but I don't understand where it is
    defined.

Thanks for your input.

--
Ferdinand