forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Blaschke <mailing-li...@rblasch.org>
Subject Re: Faciliatating profile use (Re: Fixing a Howto)
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 14:45:05 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David, I am afraid to say I have not checked this out yet. Despite
> noting its existence and the effort you put into this (and the docs).

> Can I make a suggestion? (I'll do this the first time I find the need to
> use this if it hasn't been done before me):

> If we make an internal plugin of the profiler we can replace the
> necessary pipelines in that plugin. Then, to enable profiling all we
> need to do is add the plugin to forrest.properties.

I am about to start working on a plugin.  Actually, I thought I
could start last weekend, but didn't quite make it.

Most things are straightforward.  I'm only puzzled by the mix of input
plugin (ie, take data from the profiler data store and render it) and
internal plugin (ie, profile stuff and store results in profiler data
store).  Can a plugin be both, input and internal?
Second, the profiler result page must be rendered last, or it wouldn't
contain all profile results.  Don't know how to do this, yet.

> We could later enhance this by adding a command line switch to run with
> the profiler enabled.

> In addition to making it easier to run the profiler, it will also keep
> the sitemaps a little more tidy.

And forrest-core.xconf and lib/core, too, but only slightly.

Ron