forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Slidy-Plugin
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:54:48 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
> I was counting on you for some help here. Thanks!
>

>><match pattern="**.slidy.html">
>>   <map:generate src="{1}.xml"/>
>>   <map:transform src="{lm:tranform.slidy.html}"/>
>>   <map:serialize type="html"/>
>></match>
>

> hmmm.
> Is is correct to say that <map:generate src="{1}.xml"/> will make
> Forrest take my presentation.xml file as a source? That is
> presentation-xml is fed into the transformation without detour through
> document13?

yes, the default generator is the file generator. The above assumes that
** is the path to your presentation.xml within your project directory,
of course. You will probably want to add {project:content.xdocs} in
front of that. If so you should really be using the locationmap:

<map:generate src="{lm:project.{1}.xml}"/>

is equivalent to

<map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}/{1}.xml"/>

(that is from memory, if it doesn't work for you check the forrest.xmap
for the correct syntax)

> If so, this is all that I wanted to achieve. The rest (transform to
> document13 for skinning and pdf is clear).
>
> But what about about the lm-indirection {lm:tranform.slidy.html}. How
> is the plugin supposed to provide the resolution to the xsl-file.

See the projectinfo plugin. I recently modified that to use the
locationmap. You need to look at input.xmap and locationmap.xml.

> And how am I supposed to point to the .js, image- and .css files
> required by slidy?

Look in the s5 plugin for guidance on that one. However, be aware of

It will sting you for the same reason as it stung me with the s5 plugin.
This should be easy to resolve now that we have better raw-content
handling and the locationmap. Ask when you hit it :-)

Ross