forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Experimental p.o.a site is up
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:11:03 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Take a look at http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/apache-projects/

Since there seems to be a problem with the forrestbot built site I've
built the site manually for you.

See http://people.apache.org/~rgardler/apache-projects/

The skin (including all adornments such as breadcrumb trail, last
modified timestamp, search box etc.) are all under the control of a
simple skin configuration file and can be turned on/off etc. Everything
else is CSS. So it's really easy to change the look and feel of the site
to suit whatever design is required.

There's ony one index in there at the moment (by language). Others are
very easy to add, however,

I believe it is time to make a few technical decisions as to how we want
to proceed with site-dev. The perl route or the Forrest route (or even
Maven if there are still folk here proposing Maven for this).

We should have that discussion in another thread when everyone has had
time to look at the different implementations.

Ross