forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [v2] AJAX in views?
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:52:04 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> lately I worked with AJAX and would like to support v2 with AJAX
> out-of-the-box.
>
> WDYT?

What is the use case?

It seems to me that with this Forrest would be moving a long way from a
publishing framework and becoming more like Cocoon itself, an
application framework. But maybe I'm just bind to the use case.

> There is a ajax-block in cocoon, which is the best way to incorporate
> this in existing structurer?

We need Forms to be working first. The easiest way to get forms woking
is to make Forrest a Cocoon block. To do this we need to remove the need
for a custom cocoon.xcong. To do this we need a new config system, to do
this we need to finsih FOR-200 (getting much closer, only resources to
do now and we got that 80% done on the last Forrest Tuesday, just got to
nail a final little problem).

> Or is it better to create a new plugin?

If we make Forrest a Cocoon block then we get to use the Ajax block
however we want.

Ross