forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HEADSUP] Views v2 codename: (views-) structurer
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:48:46 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El jue, 13-10-2005 a las 10:20 +0000, thorsten@apache.org escribió:
>
>>Author: thorsten
>>Date: Thu Oct 13 03:19:07 2005
>>New Revision: 320710

>>Log:
>>Views v2 codename: (views-) structurer
>>- forrest:call-template is not working anymore you have to use <jx:import uri="cocoon://prepare.tiles.export-link"/>
instead
>>- forrest:contracts: You have to include nuggets now with jx:import as well:
>><forrest:property name="content-minitoc-toc" nugget="get.toc">
>>- <url>#{$cocoon/parameters/getRequest}.toc.xml</url>
>>+ <jx:import uri="cocoon://#{$cocoon/parameters/getRequest}.toc.xml"/>
>></forrest:property>
>>- All matches in the structurer are using now the lm.
>>- No xincludes any more in the structurer, this has to be done now with jx:import.
>>- generally slimed done processing pipelines.
>>
>>In a second step I will refactor as well themes.
>>HEADSUP: I did not updated the pelt theme yet! This theme will be broken till I changed
the nugget contracts and the forrest:call-templates.

I've not looked at this in detail. But great work.

It would be interesting to see what effect using jx:import over xinclude
has on performance.

(there are many other places we need to address performance too, but as
I said in the past I don't think we need worry about it, I reckon much
of this stuff will end up in Java classes and we can cache results in
there).

Ross