forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cleaning up html-processing
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 19:57:11 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Kevin wrote:
>

>>Thanks for sticking with me. Just one point to finish with.
>

>>The new code bypasses old working code that some web sites
>>may depend on? A user may have been happy with the default
>>cellpadding and cellspacing while setting their own class.
>

>>Just a backward compatibility issue, I'm sure unlikely.
>

> Yeah, I thought of that too. But then, fixing what I consider
> inconsistencies and bugs in the old skin I always take the chance that
> sbdy depends on just this behavior.
>
> What do others think? Should I roll back the changes and derive a new
> skin to apply these and other 'fixes'?

Any solution applied to SVN should not change existing behaviour, even
if that behaviour does not suit you.

Make it configurable or, if you are using 0.8-dev you can simply add a
project locationmap with a match for the stylesheet you don't like and
provide your own modified one in your project. No need to create a whole
new skin.

Ross