forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Performance in views
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 10:33:52 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>>One reason for this poor performance is that xinclude is used
>>extensively.
>

> Actually there is "only" one part of the code depending on a include
> with a xpointer. That is the reason I used xinclude. AFAIK cinclude does
> not support xpointer, right?

I think you are correct - not checked though.

> I need to have a look how to rewrite this.

Can we write a custom generator? I know it is your medium-long term goal
to move stuff to Java. In my opinion this is not an urgent issue, as
long as we know where we are heading with it and that we can solve the
problem.

>>These reqeusts cannot be cached. Therefore everything is
>>generated *every* time it is requested.
>>
>>We need to switch this to cinclude.

Since that's a search and replace we may as well do it where we can.

Ross