forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Miroslav Mocek <mmo...@seznam.cz>
Subject Using XML db as the source of xml files
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 00:02:24 GMT
Hello,

I have a set of XML files (in my own vocabulary) in some directory
structure. I was thinking of generating my site from the files. (I would
definitely need the recursing directory approach, because there is a lot
of files and it will be dynamic archive. As stated in user maillist -
'create a custom sitemap entry that uses the DirectoryGenerator from
Cocoon'. Well, I'm not quite sure, how to get that working...)

But now I'm thinking about converting the whole directory structure with
files into native XML db (xindice - or do you know better? I am really
new in this topic). And use forrest to generate the site from the XML db.
Is THAT possible? As I read documentation, it could be. Forrest
documentation says: 'one can - Read content from exotic sources like XML
databases'. Had someone already tried that?

Thanks a lot for suggestions,
Mirek