forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Kronenwetter <krone...@netzero.net>
Subject Question on SVN Commit #293505
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 17:43:21 GMT
David,

  Could I ask for a bit more explanation in the documentation on how to
replace common-jxpath in the docs you committed (r293505).

Here's the bit I'm requesting enhancement of:

     </section>
+    <section id="jxpath">
+      <title>Upgrade the JXPath library</title>
+      <p>
+        Replace lib.core/commons-jxpath-20030909.jar with commons-jxpath-1.2.jar
+      </p>
+    </section>
     <section id="newSeed">
       <title>Seed a new project</title>

I found, with a rude interruption of mine of Thurston's train of
thought, where commons-jxpath-1.2.jar can be downloaded, though it was
an interesting journey:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jxpath/  to
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi#commons-jxpath  to
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_commons.html  to
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_commons-jxpath.cgi

I just don't know how to get forrest to recognize it.  I moved
commons-jxpath-20030909.jar to commons-jxpath-20030909.jar.old and
re-compiled forrest.  I still get this message when trying to run
forrest against a site:

org/apache/commons/jxpath/Functions
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.AbstractJXPathModule.configure(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.configure(ContainerUtil.java:201)

The site is "seed-sample", modified according to the instructions
outlined in
howto-view-install.xml.

Thanks for the help!
-Paul