forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <r...@gardler.org>
Subject [CONTRACT WORK AVAILABLE] Booking webapp
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 14:51:22 GMT
I've been asked by a local company to provide an estimate to build a
simple booking application in their existing Forrest based site.
Unfortunately I don't have the time right now, so they asked me to see
if anyone is available.

It's only a relatively small job, but if anyone has a few days spare in
about 1-2 months time contact me offlist.

Basically the project will require:

- build an instance of Forrest with Cocoon forms and flowscript enabled
- build a small webapp using flowscript to do the following:
   - display a calendar showing times a resource is booked or reserved
   - allow user to request a booking
   - allow admin to confirm booking
- email notifications need to be sent on booking request and confirmation

That's pretty much it. There is no need (at this time) for an admin
interface to add/remove resources or anything like that. There is no
need for a database on the back end, just a set of flat XML files will
be fine.

I expect this project will lead into other similar small projects. But
this is a Non-Profit, not a big business so it's not work to be relied
on, just pocket money really ;-)

(I don't mean they won't pay the going rate, just that they only
contract work when some kind person makes a big donation)

Ross