forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: status of "views" development (Was: svn commit: r292072)
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 07:05:15 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
>> So i am going to try to summarise so that we can
>> continue to work in Thorsten's absence..
>>
>> The views development is now in two new plugins:
>> * internal.structurer (which was copied from internal.view)
>> * output.themes (which was copied from output.viewHelper.xhtml)
>

> Yes
>
> Although Thorsten has asked us not to do anything with respect to the
> Locationmap, which makes things kind of difficult. He's on IRC right
> now, I'm going to address this with him and see where we can get to.

Summary of IRC input from Thorsten...

The problem is that JXPath is breaking site: and ext: protocols and so
the work on his hard disk is broken. Hence not committing yet (I guess).

He needs help getting JXPath to work.

Over on IRC I just made a radical suggestion, that is currently being
discussed. I'm having to leave for a few hours. hopefully an update will
be available when I return.

Stay tuned....

Ross