forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: collaborative editing tools (Was: svn commit: r293179)
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 19:51:32 GMT
addi@rocktreesky.com wrote:
> Quoting David Crossley <crossley@apache.org>:
>
>> Ross Gardler wrote:

>> >A quick Google found me this for example ...
>> >http://www.inkscape.org/

> I have Inkscape .42 and it is a great little SVG program but as far as I
> can
> tell, you can't use it to edit the kind of text files we are working
> with - at
> least I can't open a .xml file in it.  If I'm wrong about that, Inkboard
> will
> be in .43 which is in hard freeze and due to be released soon.  Again
> though,
> the demo only showed WYSIWYG editing of SVG files.

Yes, that is the mistake I made. I'm an Inkscape user and didn't realise
that David had found a reference saying that they planned to add
collaborative editing. I'm still to check this out.

Inkscape is a cool tool, collaborative editing with it would be killer.

[For those interested, Cocoon is having a similar discussion for use at
the forthcoming GetTogether]

Ross