forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Slidy-Plugin
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:02:12 GMT

I'm currently working on a package of xml-grammar and transformations to
easily generate Slidy-Presentations, the W3C equivalent of the S5
presentation tool (See http://www.w3.org/Talks/Tools/Slidy/ for more
on Slidy).

At the moment I have

        - a specialized presentation grammar to allow people who don't
          know much about html to easily write xml-presentations with
          any grammar-aware editor.

        - a transformation from my specialized 'presenation xml' to slidy-html.

and will soon add

        - a transformation from my 'presenation xml' to document13 or
          xtml.

Now I would like to start building a plugin that to support

        - transforming 'presenation xml' to slidy-html (unskinned
          document)
        - transforming 'presenation xml' to normal skinned html
        - transforming 'presenation xml' to normal Forrest pdf

Am I correct to think that it should really be two plugins,

        - an input plugin to translate 'presenation xml' to document13
        - an output plugin to translate document13 to slidy.

And while I see this from the architectural point of view as a long term
goal, right now this is out of question for a number of reasons. So my
question really is:

(how) can I design a plugin that will provide these translations

        - transforming 'presenation xml' to slidy-html (unskinned
          document)
        - transforming 'presenation xml' to normal skinned html
        - transforming 'presenation xml' to normal Forrest pdf

without going through an intermediate format when transforming
'presenation xml' to slidy-html (unskinned document)?

Thanks for your input.

--
Ferdinand Soethe