forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject improving menus and linking (Was: vague issues with Forrest use)
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 23:26:19 GMT
Paul Bolger wrote:

> > > Have you any suggestions about what this may look like?
>
> Not sure how technically possible this is, but how about a directory
> parser which builds the site nav? In other words the user would create
> a directory structure, arrange their source files where they want them
> to appear in the site map, and the parser would build the site
> structure in site.xml as a mirror of that directory structure.
> I realise that this would sacrifice flexibility, but I think a lot of
> users would use a 'quick and dirty' site design method (particularly
> one where rejigging the site structure would be as simple as moving
> the source files).

I have never used it, but i think that that is already
possible. Look in a forrest.properties from a seed site:
#project.menu-scheme=tab_attributes
#project.menu-scheme=directories

The former is the default.

http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/linking.html#other-menu-selection
Directory-based selection

However site.xml has two functions: menus and linking.

-David