forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: Zone Forrest bots on strike?
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2005 00:27:19 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> David, I'm really sorry for wasting your time with something so simple.
> That other pair of eyes syndrome I'm afraid.
> Thanks.

Not a waste. This is showing us that we need more error
reporting somehow. There is an issue, see below.

> >There are logfiles from the output of cron, e.g.
> >
> >/export/home/config/forrestbot-trunk/logs/cronout-trunk-apache-projects.txt
> Thanks, that's useful. I'll bet you already documented it somewhere
> too.... yep there it is, clear as day on
> thanks again

That was something new that i added yesterday.
Before it was capturing output into my home directory.

Yes, it is useful. I think that i will leave it in place
and document it properly.

The reason for capturing the output is that otherwise
we (i) would receive output from cron each time that
it runs. That means that when you make a config change,
then be sure to check those output logs. After that
first run, the forrestbot should handle any errors.

I am surprised that the forrestbot didn't handle
and report the error with the svn repo URL typo.

View raw message