forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fixing problems with v2
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:38:35 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> David Crossley escribi??:
> > Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > > Cyriaque Dupoirieux escribi??:

> > > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-675
> > >
> > > Please see this issue and *a lots* of FIXME notes in the structurer.
> > >
> > > "forrest site" is *not* expected to work!!! We need to resolve this
> > > issue that v2 supports static forrest again.
> >
> > Hmmm, that is not correct. That FOR-675 affects both
> > 'forrest run' and 'forrest site' with the same effects:
> > ... the broken "site:" and "ext:" links.
>
> Yes and no. The linkmap.html is used to crawl. Now if you have a site
> that is using heavily site:bla then the links on the linkmap are all
> NULL. That let forrest site directly fail. forrest run instead do not
> need the linkmap.xml.

Okay, sorry, i see what you are saying now.
Hmmm, i don't remember that happening in the
earlier discovery of this FOR-675 issue.
Maybe i am delirious.

> > As far as i know it does not affect anything else.
> >
> > So i don't know why you needed to comment-out all the
> > linkrewriter stuff. That just makes it hard to test
> > to see if the bug is still present.
>
> ??? What do you mean?

I thought that i had fixed the bug and started testing
in the various scenarios. Testing it in the new structurer
plugin is hard because the use of linkrewriter transformer
is commented-out.

Never mind the bug is not yet fixed.