forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Include mechanism for forrest...
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 02:44:32 GMT
erik@brakkee.org wrote:

> All in all, what do you think about this  proposal:
> - extend the xdoc DTD with an include element so that includes can be used out of the
box without breaking the DTD

We have a policy to only include new elements to the DTD that
are in line with XHTML2.

Is there another way that your need can be addressed?
Perhaps switch off the default validation for source docs
that do this including (in forrest.properties).

> - implement the include as a thin layer on top of xinclude within Forrest, providing
a simple syntax, yet not limiting the power of xinclude.

I am concerned about adding extra layers of processing to meet a small need.
Ross' idea about the internal plugin might suit.

-David