forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Views
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:17:27 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> David Crossley escribi??:
> > Paul Bolger wrote:
> > > Hi Thorsten
> > >
> > > Sorry haven't got back to you quicker - real work, and life, got in
> > > the way. I'm not sure how to specify which version of the plugins I'm
> > > using.
> > >
> > > This is the line out of forrest.properties:
> > >
> > > project.required.plugins=org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.viewHelper.xhtml.ls,org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf,org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.themes,org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.structurer
> >
> > That is correct.
>
> ONLY for the testing version. I do not thing we should recommend them to
> use right now. That is the why we rollback the views v1.

> > No. But note the bug. I just updated
> > http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/howto/howto-view-install.html
>
> I strongly disagree to change this howtos in anyway related to the new
> plugins! We need new howtos for views v2. The old ones that are stable
> and can be used in production are best described by this how to.

I already updated that document immediately after
we changed the development to the new plugins.

Sorry i didn't think clearly enough. Needed quick action.
We cannot afford the endless questions about the
status of views.

So i suppose that we should copy the current document
and then revert the old one. I will do that once we
settle on a name for views v2.

This is head of trunk. Be careful about how many
backflips we perform to keep people up-to-date
with rapidly changing development.

-David