forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: General approach to backward compatibility (was: Re: Cleaning up html-processing)
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 05:49:15 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:

> OK, since we all seem to agree on this I will write some piece for the
> updated docs next week and leave the changes.

Every major change should also be listed in
site-author/status.xml file. A brief note would
suffice and link to other info, such as the updating_*.html
and the Jira Issuue number.

That way people who use the current head SVN
are notified, and it builds the list of Changes.

Issues should probably be described at our Jira.
When closing it, declare the svn revision number
that fixed it. Also in the svn commit, show the
Jira issue number.

The tricky part is knowing when to do such effort
for the documentation.

-David