forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Performance in views
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 00:12:18 GMT
CFAS Webmaster wrote:

> If anyone is interested, I have posted a complete log of the views &
> pelt build so everyone can see how many times various pages are compiled...

> Pelt: http://pastebin.com/385673 ~4 minutes...
>
> While the sites aren't *exactly* the same, they are the same except for
> the index page which was rearranged.  All other content is synchronized
> by SVN.

I have only looked at the "pelt" build so far
and i see that you suffer from a similar problem
to what we had with the Forrest/site-author/ site.
e.g.
---------
798: * [238/166] [0/40]    0.301s 9.4Kb   /about.html
1290: * [440/124] [0/40]    0.232s 9.4Kb   about.html
---------

"leading slash in gathered URIs causes double the number of links to be processed"

If you can fix that problem first, then the issues
with "views" might be isolated to something else.

Also, not that it matters with this, but you are not
using the "pelt" skin but the old "tigris" instead.

-David