forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: Locationmap as config system
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 01:58:20 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Now that I have started to convert our sitemaps to use the LM I hope
> that it is a little clearer how this would work. Basically, the idea is
> that Forrest provides the default configuration in its LM, individual
> projects can then override these settings in their own LM.

I was already thinking in this direction too.

Forrest provides known default locations using a
well-defined naming convention. This means a reliable
infrastructure that just works out of the box.
Tweak it and override if you want.

The remark by Berin on Cocoon dev emphasises the beauty
of "convention over configuration":

View raw message