forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: collaborative editing tools (Was: svn commit: r293179)
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 04:39:58 GMT
> We could create a howto for each tool:
> Lenya, SubEthaEdit, Gobby, InkScape.

SubEthaEdit is Mac only, and IIUC will remain so.

Inkscape is a tool for creating SVG files. I'm not sure how useful that is to
us.

I think real time collaborative editors are complementary to Lenya et al. The
"real time" part is what is important. In Lenya, I can't see in real time
what others are doing with the document.

In my head, Gobby and such are only meant for short, highly focused
interactions and not much more than that. So if people have ideas for some
document, they can write it up on Gobby and publish as usual through Lenya.
Further edits etc would also go through Lenya.

Diwaker
--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net
On Apache: http://people.apache.org/~diwaker