forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: locationmaps not working?
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2005 00:23:11 GMT
Ok, atleast part of the problem seems to be from the fact that Forrest tries
to verify the existance of the target of a locationmap expansion before using
it. So if I have a match for rewriteDemo/** that maps to
http://floatingsun.net/foobar/{1}.html, and this file doesn't exist then the
locationmap fails.

IMHO, locationmap should generate what I ask it to, irrespective of its
existence. There are multiple reasons:

o at the time I'm generating my static pages, the targets may not exist. But I
might just copy them later on.

o how does Forrest do this check precisely? I'm assuming some kind of message
to the webserver? That might not be a very good idea...

But I'm having problems despite this. More as I find out.

--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net
On Apache: http://people.apache.org/~diwaker