forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <>
Subject Re: Cleaning up html-processing
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 06:26:57 GMT

Ross Gardler wrote:

> Sorry, I didn't follow this thread closely, I just noticed David had
> corrected Ferdinands commit. You seem to be suggesting that The commit
> should never have been made. Ferdinand, is that the case now that you
> have found some other issues with what you were doing?

No, as I wrote yesterday, David's fix solved all the problem I had/saw
with this. The approach Kevin suggested is a feasible but different
solution that first writes the Forrest default settings

> <!-- default cellpadding and cellspacing and class -->

and then overwrites them with those attributes present in the source

> <!-- if cellpadding or cellspacing or class overwrite defaults  -->
>       <xsl:copy-of select="@cellspacing | @cellpadding | @border |
> @class | @bgcolor"/>

the outcome being that you can create a mix of Forrest's default
attributes and attributes that you set in the source (for both Forrest
and other table-elements).

Ferdinand Soethe

View raw message