forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin <forr...@kegcl.demon.co.uk>
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:13:14 GMT
org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.themer corner images

I have made some progress with this. My understanding is that:

1) default corner images are in pelt.screen.css
2) these could be overridden inline by branding-theme-profiler.ft

====

1)
I will raise an enhancement jira with a new pelt.screen.css that
references corner images with hex values so the old skinconf is
not used ie:
#header .round-top-left-small {
    background-image: url(../skin/images/rc-t-l-5-X294563-X4a6d8c-
X4a6d8c.png);
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: top left;
}

plus

rcX.svg.xslt and corner-importsX.svg.xslt
that deal with hex values rather than skinconf names
to go in main/webapp/skins/common/images as a fallback

Note:
an update to resouces.xmap to match this request is needed:
         <map:match pattern="skin/images**/*c-*-*-*-X*-X*-X*.png">
           <map:call resource="read-svg2png-corner-resource">
             <map:parameter name="path" value="images/{1}" />
             <map:parameter name="name" value="{2}cX" />
             <map:parameter name="orientation-tb" value="{3}"/>
             <map:parameter name="orientation-lr" value="{4}"/>
             <map:parameter name="size" value="{5}"/>
             <map:parameter name="bg-color-name" value="{6}"/>
             <map:parameter name="stroke-color-name" value="{7}"/>
             <map:parameter name="fg-color-name" value="{8}"/>
           </map:call>
not sure if this goes in the core it would be a fallback from plugin
resources.xmap if the request wasn't matched?

Also sitemap.xmap used lm for *.css matches not sure how it should be
used here. So I let it go to resources.xmap for above testing.

2)
My old work in this area fitted well with the branding-theme-profiler.ft
I have attached my version for comment. The only minor change to pelt.fv
was adding
<colors>
   <!-- as before -->
</colors>
root so I could work there and let the <color> matches work as before.

====

Problem:
Item (2) xslt will work out of the box with the change to pelt.fv
but again I've tripped up as these inline corner images aren't
crawled and generated :(

Looking at the generated source the hex URLs are correctly created
and inline. This is a worrying me as 'forrest site' user.
(Well I haven't actually done any authoring yet, learning how it works
is more fun :)

If (1) works fine when pelt.screen.css is crawled. Why does (2) fail.
This is the same problem as my last attempt in views v1.
Am I missing something?

Kevin