forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: zone built demo site for dispatcher development
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 09:49:53 GMT
El vie, 28-10-2005 a las 19:18 +1000, David Crossley escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > David Crossley escribi??:
> > > Now that the new dispatcher can function with trunk of SVN,
> > > there is a regularly built demo site at our zone.
> > >
> > > http://forrest.zones.apache.org/
> > > http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/forrest-sample-2/
> > >
> > > It builds every three hours.
> > >
> > > It is just the "seed-sample" site. After the first build
> > > i copied the forrest.properties from the "seed-v2".
> > > So it is that easy to enable.
> >
> > Why not the v2 seed directly?
>
> I thought that it was better to re-use what we have.
> It is already full of samples that will test different
> aspects of our production.
>
> Also we can compare build times.
>
> We are getting way too many websites, one in every plugin
> and various seed sites. It is becoming difficult to manage
> them and documentation is being spread.
>
> I thought that the "seed-v2" was just to get
> people started like the "seed-basic".

Jeje, right now it is more the "common-base" for devs. I did not yet
fully tested the other seeds. I am doing all the work in this seed that
everybody can talk the same language. I planed that this seed will as
well contain the documentation around the dispatcher.

> We can change it if you reckon it is better
> or even do that one too.

No your reasoning convinced me. Just wanted to know the reason.

> > > It would be good to have another demo with a different theme.
> >
> > I am working on a theme switcher (the one kevin submitted) so there is
> > no need for a different theme (it is included already in the pelt theme)
> > deploy.
>
> How would that work in a static build though?

It is a javascript, which means that it works in static/dyn.

> I suppose we need to be running a live webapp soon
> under a full Jetty or Tomcat.

+1 I want to start soon the work on a forrest theme bot which let you
change the structurer definition (*.fv) and contracts with a web gui.
That will be only possible in dynamic mode.

> -David

salu2
--
thorsten