forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Roadmap for v2 (was Re: [heads-up] JXPath upgraded )
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:53:24 GMT
El jue, 27-10-2005 a las 11:30 +0100, Ross Gardler escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > El jue, 27-10-2005 a las 12:22 +1000, David Crossley escribió:
> >
> >>I finally managed a workaround for issue FOR-675.
> >>The JXPath has been upgraded and tested with both the
> >>current "skins" and the new structurer (views v2) plugins.
> >>
> >>Thorsten, does this mean that we can finally encourage devs
> >>to use the new whiteboard plugins, or is there another holdup?
> >

> > Some major things have to be changed before we can officially recommend
> > v2:
> > - move images from resources/skin to the themes/
>
> You say "major" things, so I guess this is more than a copying them
> over. Will it help if resources are resolved by the locationmap? I have
> a 95% coimplete resources locationmap on my hard disk, I can bring it to
> the top of my todo list if it will help.

That would be great as an example. :) The major problem I see is
<map:resource name="skin-read">
  <map:select type="exists">

That should go away because it is to complicated IMO. I archived to
resolve js and css only through the lm. Images need some kind of
different processing though (e.g. svg2png).

Anyway you can add the 95% to the whiteboard and I will try to finish
it, if you busy. Thanks for offering to move it up your todo list. :)

> > After this we can recommend the usage. I hope that I can finish this
> > till beginning of next week. All that want to help: please help
> > updating/extending the howtos the rest is better done from one person
> > only.
>
> I'm busy with the site-dev and Cocoon publication stuff at the moment.
> However, If site-dev goes the Forrest route (vote in progress) I plan on
> moving it to views. That should give me the experience to help with the
> how-to's (next week).

Jeje, I know, I am a lurker on that list. ;-) BTW that is good news that
you want to base it on views, I think you can use v2 for that right
away, because I reckon you will use default contracts.

Actually thx to david and antonio, v2 is right now usable, but the
upcoming changes will influence the howtos and without howtos (again) I
do not feel like recommend (again) the usages.

Thx

salu2
--
thorsten