forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Structurer] status
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:41:59 GMT
El lun, 24-10-2005 a las 20:36 +0930, Paul Bolger escribió:
> Thorsten
>
> You may remember that I had some problems with views a week or so
> back. Since then I haven't had much luck getting them to work, and I
> gather that lots has happened with views/themer/structurer whatever in
> that time anyway. Is there a document in the howtos which reflects the
> current status of views/themer/structurer?

We have a stable version of views v1 that should work out-of-the-box
with the linkrewriting. I recommend to use this version for now.
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/howto/howto-view-install.html

The newer version of views v2 is not usable ATM. Too many known bugs and
it moves to rapid. As soon I settled the the basic structure I will
update the dispatcher howto.

> I'd quite like to get a test setup going as I think I may have some
> suggestions on the approach to CSS (and standards compliant (x)html
> output).

If you are adventurous (and want to try v2) just do:
add $FORREST_HOME/lib/core/commons-jxpath-1.2.jar
cd $FORREST_HOME/main/template-sites/v2; forrest run
http://localhost:8888/

That is the pub I am doing my development with, which should work.

> paul b
>

> "I'd like to thank the member of the audience who threw this glass
> bottle at my head..."
> (Iggy Pop, 1973)

jeje, nice one. ;-)
--