forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin <forr...@kegcl.demon.co.uk>
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 21:31:38 GMT
Thought I'd post my work in progress in trying to do switchable
alternate css stylesheets. I call it theme switching though not
sure if that is the correct terminology.

I've put four theme links at the bottom of the left bar home tab,
each setting an alternate stylesheet. In doing this I used a Perl
template system to generate my alternate css files based on three
colors and three contrasting text colors.

While doing this it reminded me of the old skinconf with defined
colors that were used as parameters to an xslt to create one
css file. It got me thinking that Forrest could generate alternate
css files then perhaps have a contract that would emulate the
<forrest:css ...> tag in view files and insert all the required
alternate css files. Perhaps even part of something like the
publishedstrip contract to add the links to click to switch the
themes rather than what I have done in site.xml at the moment.

Anyway I'm probably way off track about what the new theme
plugin will allow users to do driven off config' parameters.

Anyone with a slow dial up? Do you see an unacceptable problem
if pages aren't cached after choosing another theme other than
the default 'dull' theme?

http://www.kegcl.demon.co.uk/forrest/index.html

Kevin