forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems using old views.
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 09:17:33 GMT
El vie, 14-10-2005 a las 10:07 +1000, David Crossley escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > Kevin escribi??:
> > >
> > > I know old views aren't really supported so no need for a jira. I
> > > just hope I can get back to an old working version in core and old
> > > view plugins. Thanks.
> >
> > Jupp, will do everything to help you there. Views v1 *are* and will be
> > supported! V2 not yet. ;-)
>
> Ah, "supported" is too strong a word.
>
> These things are in the whiteboard, and that place
> is designated: "Use at your own risk. This stuff
> will change rapidly and might even be abandoned."

jeje, yes, but views v1 are in production on some sites and I personally
feel a wee bit responsible to give decent help that this production
sites will be able to use v1 for now. We need to build trust in views if
we want that they have success. ;-)

Anyway David is right everything in the whiteboard is dev stuff. You
will not have the same support like for the rest of forrest.

Actually v1 I consider a stable *prototype*, but it suffers from a
couple of known issues (like performance, ...).

v2 is trying to overcome this problems but they will not be usable till
the jxpath bug is solved. v2 is *only* for people that want to have a
*preview* of new features that are coming in the next stable version.

v2 made some important changes till now that will force user to update
their *.fv. That means that some v1 contracts are different in v2.

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)