forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems using old views.
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:18:39 GMT
Hmm, it seems you have a similar problem like Cyriaque, but the other
way around. :(

El jue, 13-10-2005 a las 18:10 +0100, Kevin escribió:
> I've done a fresh svn checkout after having problems with svn up.
> Now at #314981.
>
> cd main
> build.sh clean; build.sh
>
> cd ../etc
> (noticed views-old.sh refers to old view plugins)
> views-old.sh
>
> cd /my/work
> forrest seed-basic
>
> (noticed forrest.properties: project.required.plugins refers to)
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.viewHelper.xhtml.ls
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.themes,
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.structurer
>
> (changed to use)
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.viewHelper.xhtml.ls
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml,
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.view
>
> (still the same org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.viewHelper.xhtml.ls?)

Yes still that one *should* be independent.

> forrest site
>
> (gives error)
>
> X [0]                                     linkmap.html
> BROKEN: /usr/java/forrest/build/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.structurer/resources/views/default.fv
(No such file or directory)
> Total time: 0 minutes 10 seconds,  Site size: 0 Site pages: 0
>
> I can't see if I've done something wrong to reference structurer?

Yeah, that is wrong, but with the config you have given that should not
be.

> Looks like maybe something in core uses structurer? Could someone
> help with the revision #? to go back to a working version. Thanks.
> It hurt last time I did it. Iterative trial and error on dial up :(

Sorry, ATM i am not having even that. I will be off now and maybe will
find the answer tonight. I will report back tomorrow.

> Do I need to stay at the core rollback revision #? and just 'svn up'
> for old view plugins?

Old view plugins should not being touched anymore, so I wonder why that
could happen. You can update normally because we nailed down the
revision for views.

> I know old views aren't really supported so no need for a jira. I
> just hope I can get back to an old working version in core and old
> view plugins. Thanks.

Jupp, will do everything to help you there. Views v1 *are* and will be
supported! V2 not yet. ;-)

salu2
--
thorsten