forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Views
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:32:52 GMT
El jue, 13-10-2005 a las 22:17 +1000, David Crossley escribió:

> > > That is correct.
> >
> > ONLY for the testing version. I do not thing we should recommend them to
> > use right now. That is the why we rollback the views v1.
>
> > > No. But note the bug. I just updated
> > > http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/howto/howto-view-install.html
> >
> > I strongly disagree to change this howtos in anyway related to the new
> > plugins! We need new howtos for views v2. The old ones that are stable
> > and can be used in production are best described by this how to.
>
> I already updated that document immediately after
> we changed the development to the new plugins.

Sorry, I missed that.

> Sorry i didn't think clearly enough. Needed quick action.
> We cannot afford the endless questions about the
> status of views.

Agree, that was the reason to have 2 new plugins as views v2. I thought
we declare views v1 as stable and doing further work in the v2. It is
wee bit like woody and forms.

> So i suppose that we should copy the current document
> and then revert the old one. I will do that once we
> settle on a name for views v2.

I already copied them and used structurer as codename. I have not linked
them yet, so we should agree on the codename and I will update them
meanwhile.

> This is head of trunk. Be careful about how many
> backflips we perform to keep people up-to-date
> with rapidly changing development.

Agreed.

Thanks David.

salu2